All things nonsensical

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Not a drug lord.

Tonight a bunch of us ended up at the Stereotrap concert which was fantastic. They also had a speaker half way through, I saw him walking down the isle with his gray hair to match his gray suit and what with my prejudices thought to myself "YAWN!" This man, however, was even more exhilarating then the band. He started telling us about how he broke out of prison at 16, became one of the top 7 criminals in Canada at the time, watched numerous friends of his killed, the rules of drug dealing, being wanted not only by the cops but also by other criminals, being put in prison again, finding Christ, and dedicating the rest of his life speaking to young people about what not to do. It was amazing and I could have listened to him for hours. What I learned?

1) It takes over 2 years to break out of a prison (when they were manually operated jail cells)
2) I should seriously reconsider my immediate prejudices
3) I'm so glad that I was given such great guidance in my life and found God early on so that my best friend hasn't tried to hire a hit man to kill me, I've never been to prison, and I've a full life to serve God outside the bars.

Those are my thoughts for the day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home