All things nonsensical

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Obese Rat

I went to Edmonton this weekend to see Meghan and some friends. It was a blast 1) because Meghan is incessantly creepy and we laugh constantly around each other and 2) because I love to laugh/mock Edmontonians. Sapphire is the perfect example of the difference between a "true to itself" Canadian town (like Saskatoon where we go to cowboy bars and wear skate shoes) vs. a metro-obsessed town (like Edmonton). Sapphire is a martini bar in Edmonton (although you'd swear it was in Toronto) where the metrosexuals flourish and 8 sweet potato fries cost $6. All joking aside, it was very fun and I loved seeing everyone. The fun was not over once I left Edmonton, however. I just stepped into the door and Hillery tells me she has a surprise! I come up the stairs and look at her lap as she lifts her text book to reveal...A RAT! nooo...it's actually a kitten. But it really resembles an obese rat. It's pure white with a shit-esque splotch of grey on his head. The problem is that we can't think of an appropriate name, so any suggestions are welcomed. The other problem is that we now have three cats...

I am well on my way to being the crazy cat lady we all know i'll turn into.

2 Comments:

Blogger Challis said...

got it from the west side! lol. we have a cat rescuing mission. 2 from the trash, 1 from Saskatoon's west side (avenue E...that's a letter street! shudder).

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Nance said...

You could call it Ratty the Catty. Maybe Fatty the Ratty Catty. Yep, I'm gonna start me a name book.

I feel like I'm a ways behind you on the crazy cat lady development, Challis. I've got to catch up or I'll be rejected when you're accepting applications for crazy, catty old spinsters to tour the world with once we're past the heydays of our youth. Not to fear, though! I had my doubts about my ability to develop the crazy, catty side of me, as I live in a non-cat-friendly apartment and don't have your chutzpah, but I'm not letting my development fall by the wayside! If I'm not allowed to work on the cattiness, I'll double my work on the craziness. Spinsterhood, here I come!

1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home