All things nonsensical

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Holidays

My family are a crazy bunch of lovable goons. Prime example = the fact that we roasted an entire pig yesterday on our holidays. A 50lb, whole pig. It took 5 hours. Uncle John yelled "PUSH" and "TURN" and "SLOWER" allot. Numerous comments were made regarding suntanning Hillery and Challis in comparison to roasting Piggy. There is roughly 40lb of pork leftovers in the fridge.

Go go Gadget family holidays.














Uncle John making the pork stabbing device. Uncle Ben overseeing as only a U of S commerce grad could.

This is where the "PUSH" and "TURN" yelling came into play. Please note blind Grandma in the thick of the fun.

Hillery's turn at the 5 hour manual hand turning

A scene to make those not on my holidays jealous

I am so wonderfully creepy. How does everyone put up with it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite is the grandma. she is crazy. i wish i were THERE!!!

Meghan

11:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps - whose idea was it to get the pig, and where did you get it?

Meghan

11:46 PM

 
Blogger Challis said...

Johns idea. and the pig was from a man butcher. Greatly entertaining.

11:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Challis. It is so hot here that I am sitting in my underwear. I want to be on vacation where there is water. Oy.

Also, the pig is amazing. It reminds me of cutting a frozen ham with your mother, using a saw. Ha ha.

5:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home