All things nonsensical

Monday, June 20, 2005

The Frenchmen River Valley Gospel Music Jamboree and the thoughts of the day

This past weekend I attended the Frenchmen River Valley Gospel Music Jamboree! It was rather amazing...not just because it didn't rain (a usual occurance at this yearly event) but because of those who attended. Roughly 70% of the people were over 70. The other individuals included dirty (but cute) kids, locals, and 7 people my age. Meghan and I were fully appreciating the cowboys, gun jokes, and multiple confederate flags.

There comes several occasions in every persons life when they sort the smart from the stupid in their lives, or more filter out the useful actions and ways of thinking from the pointless. You turn on the jazz music, open up your stuffy apartment windows, let in the summer air, and appreciate what you've got. And all of a sudden you come to know you're a day older--and that that's a good thing.

Dreams are great because they don't always come true--instead they change. Think of the horror if every little girl became a ballerina...we'd have an unfortunate amount of overweight dancers in Saskatchewan for one thing, we'd also have no nurses, teachers, or fantastic business owners.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kjersti said...

You're right. If dreams came true, I'd be married to about five men right now.
I'm loving that you enjoyed seeing my fam...my mom has a crush on you (aka, she likes you a lot and thinks you're sweet, but not in that word. She doesn't use that word.) And jeepers, it's hot!
I thoroughly enjoy your randomness, by the way!

3:03 PM

 
Blogger Challis said...

touché my winsome brother, touché.

11:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home