All things nonsensical

Monday, May 02, 2005

Black Vinyl Buttoned Down Booths.

I recently emailed my Grandma about a new apartment I might move into that was renovated in the 50's. The kitchen has vinyl booths for seats. I loved her reply so much I thought I'd post it.

That gingerbread house place sounds lovely. Very 50's. Vinyl was big then, in
fact on my first date with Wilf we went to the Morris Cafe where every booth
was covered in black vinyl and buttoned down. The jute box belting out
whatever song you wished it to convey to your sweetheart. (for a nickel) We
had been to a movie ( for a quarter...each of course!)We had stopped at the
cafe because that is what you did after a movie. To have a soda mixed at the
soda fountain, they offered different flavours. Life was simple in those days.


Every so often I decide that I must have been born in the wrong era.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are destined to live in that apartment, then!

12:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home