All things nonsensical

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Put down the humidifier...

I've recently been apartment shopping as I'll soon be moving in with my cousin, Hillery. Becky and I drove past a new apartment building downtown that had a big yellow sign on it which read: "Apartments for Rent." It looked spiffy so we thought we'd check it out. We park and walk in, and notice something wrong. The apartment is too nice, it smells funny, and there are numerous older people sitting about in the lobby. Becky looks at me and says, "Challis? Is this....GASP!" that's right, I tried to rent a room in an retirement home. Don't get me wrong. I'm all over shuffleboard and cribbage, just not for another 50 years. Becky and I narrowly escaped death and made a quick get away (literally running out of the building) and peeled off in the Civic. Thus ended the Palisades Personal Care Home adventure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kjersti said...

Hey, maybe I could've found a job there as a personal care aide. You could've had me come in to assist with your personal hygiene each day! What fun!

12:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home