All things nonsensical

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Mannequin Manifestation

I've recently come to accept my fear of mannequins. Please don't deny the fact that they are a creepy substance. Mimicking the human form, lifeless eyes that follow you when you don't look, keeping their figure without having to watch what they eat! Common! They’re like alian-demon-creepsters!!! I think these fears stem from a childhood show about a department store whose mannequins came alive at night and ran around on the roof. Anyone else remember that? Also, there was a "goth" store in Ottawa I had to walk by every Sunday on the way to church with the eeriest looking mannequins in the windows. Black lipstick, purple wigs, green eye makeup, and missing their legs. (Amy, you got my back on that one?) Also, that new Levis commercial with the mannequins stalking the man who bought the jeans it was wearing is freaky!!! Point and case, I have explicable reasons to fear mannequins, if not sensible.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is "mannequins". And I work at the Gap, I should know.. ha ha. Just jokes. I agree. The worst are wedding store mannequins, because they have gobs of make up, creepy wigs, and ridiculous dresses on.

11:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

corey misses you alot :(

ttyl chalagator

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Challis said...

I was curious about the spelling of manikin/mannequins. I thank you Cara! (what does manikin mean?)

I miss you tons corey! Amy and I were just talking about you the other day!

2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home