All things nonsensical

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Becky and I toddled down to a movie last night and were totally scandalized by a man in the theatre. I recognize that I'm a loud person, I laugh loud, I talk loud, I am loud. Seeing as I'm aware of this I usually try to keep my smart ass movie comments to myself or at least to a whisper. Apparently, however, this whisper was not quite enough for the man sitting in front of us who turned around and said in a louder voice than even I'd dare in a theatre "YOU TWO MUST BE IN SPECIAL ED BECAUSE I SEE NO OTHER REASON WHY YOU'D COME TO A MOVIE AND TALK THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH." This caused a fit of hysteric laughter to come over me for a good 10 mins. then I actually thought about what he said and how many different groups of people he offended in that sencence.

1) the whole theatre: was he yelling at me? or was he yelling at the guy in the second last row? Most people probably took offense
2) People who go to movies and talk: this is a group some of you may pretend you're not in. But you are. So get offended with me
3) SPECIAL ED: HELLOOO!!! That was such a terrible thing to say! He could have easily gotten away with "you must be from the loud and obnoxious club" or "stinky pants shut it" but he dove right in with the special ed. Touche angry man, touche.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nance said...

I love talking through movies. What's the fun of a movie if you can't comment on it? I do not love people who yell in movie theatres. I feel that he should watch movies at home by himself, where he will remain undisturbed. Or maybe he could have moved a few seats down and escaped the whispers. Anyway, if we're ever anywhere near each other again, girls, let's go giggle and talk in the theatre. It's good times.

7:06 PM

 
Blogger Kjersti said...

Seeing as how we are no longer cool enough to hang out with each other, I'm still in the dark about the name of your newest cake-chomper. Pretty please, can I know?

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Challis said...

The newest masked bandit of the crew is endowed with the name "REX." He remsembles an obese rat, and although I really wanted to call him "VOLOCIRAPOR" I was told it was too long a name for such a stubby kitten. Come see the wee ones anytime aunty Kjersti!

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home