All things nonsensical

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

COY

After many debates surrounding the word "COY", I decided it was time to do some serious researching, aka: google (Also, i had to post cause cara started to threaten me). So here we have it, the definitions of COY.

Definitions of coy on the Web:

  • affectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way
  • showing marked and often playful or irritating evasiveness or reluctance to make a definite or committing statement; "a politician coy about his intentions"
  • modestly or warily rejecting approaches or overtures; "like a wild young colt, very inquisitive but very coy and not to be easily cajoled"
  • A sub unit of a Battalion. Four Companies make up a Battalion. (This changed to three towards the end of the war.
  • But you will also find that it IS indeed a fish. A coy fish. How do I know this? I know this because I watch too much "miami ink" on TLC and people always ask for coy fish tats. If this in and of itself is not enough proof, here is a picture of a coy fish



    And here is a picture of a COD fish (much different)



    And here is a picture I found while looking for pictures of COY fish. It is entitled
    "Q Coy Swim Team Cyprus '90"


    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Challis... if I would have known that threats worked so well, I would have done that a LONG time ago. Thanks friend, and may you find both your days and your men to be coy. Wait... I don't know if that makes sense. Oh well. Cheers.

    9:27 PM

     
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    some facts:

    1. I love that I mocked you for thinking Coy was Cod
    2. I love that Coy is actually a type of fish, and because of your extensive TLC watching, you knew that
    3. I'm sorry - you are the only person that knows # 2
    4. New variation on the word creepy is crepey...as in crepes!

    Meghan

    9:48 AM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home