All things nonsensical

Friday, February 03, 2006

THE GREATEST TAXADERMY CHALLANGE EVER.

I realize that my last posting doesn't make a whole lot of sense...that's because I wrote it in a still feverish/drug induced state. I apologize and will make for it with the story of THE GREATEST TAXADERMY CHALLANGE EVER.

When Meghan and took our road trip through the states, we were absorbed by the kitchiness of it all. Small towns infested with garden gnomes, metal eagle statures, and apparent junk yards located in peoples front yards (flamingos, lawn chairs, sinks, cans obviously used as shooting practice, you get the picture). But nothing topped what I saw this Christmas break in Kalispell, Montana. On the main stretch through town we drove by a trailer park with a large glass box standing high (and proudly) on poles. As we neared, we saw what was incased in that glass, and we all simultaneously screamed. A full grown, large as life, hairy-assed buffalo. Yes, it resided there (no, not alive). We proceeded to drive by again, twice, to ensure a quality picture. I wonder how much it costs to have a buffalo taxidermied?? When I locate that picture I'll be sure to post it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home